Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Twits





As the week comes to a close so does the finishing touches on my senior thesis or as we call it here in the Illustration dept of Uarts, the "Ely". For my thesis I chose to work with the children's book The Twits by Roald Dahl, which was one of my favorites growing up. Each piece was painted using watercolor and has a final size of 10x16.




I began with The Wormy Spaghetti. There are very few things left in this world that can really gross me out, however the reference photos for this piece was one of these things. In this chapter Mrs. Twit tricks her husband into eating a plate full of worms!

The second piece focused on Mrs. Twit Goes Ballooning Up. Here concludes the elaborate plan Mr. Twit created for his wife in which he fools her into believing she was shrinking. Painting legs have never been so fun!



The third project, No Bird Pie for Mr. Twit concentrates on when the animals who were wronged by the Twits begin to fight back. In this case they keep Mr. Twit from his favorite food, bird pie.


I concluded my thesis with the chapter The Twits Are Turned Upside Down. This was probably the most fun out of the four projects. It depicts the Twits panicing when they return home to find the entire inside of their home upside down.




2 comments:

  1. Oh this is so delightful. Be sure to let us know when your show is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thesis show is on March 18th, I'll be sure to send more info your way soon!

      Delete